Files produced by this method are unsigned, thus it CANNOT be restored to a device with locked bootloader.
- MTK Droid Tools V2.5.3:
- MT6753 scatter file
- Since the unlocking method for this device has been found, the ROM dump can now be restored easily.
- It’s recommended that you dump the ROM right after the phone comes out from the box.
- Only system and device specific data will be dumped, user data will be skipped.
- You can create another dump for userdata only should you think you need it. (For backup purpose only, not recommended for restore)
Backing up your Current ROM [Create ROM dump with SP FlashTool]
- Open SP FlashTool, click [Scatter-loading] and browse to ‘BackupROM’ project main dir.
- Select the default ‘MT6753_Android_scatter.txt’ and click ‘Open’.
- The partitions info should be loaded.
- Now switch to [Read back] tab.
- Clear all existing items in the list and click [ADD] button to create a new read back item.
- Double click on the newly created item in the list. (Double click anywhere in the highlighted blue area).
- Browse to ‘BackupROM’ project dir and select ‘ROM_READ’ and click ‘Open’.
- Change the output file name to ‘ROM_FULL’ and then click ‘Save’ button.
- Edit the read back settings as following: (Type: Hex, Start Address: 0x0, Length: 0x62380000), then click ‘OK’.
- Double check everything is correct and press ‘Read back’ button or ‘F10’ on keyboard.
- SP FlashTool is waiting for connection, now connect your phone to computer using USB cable, WITHOUT the battery inserted.
- SPFT has successfully established a connection with the phone, the read back process will begin.
- Read back in progress, this process could take 40 minutes or more, please be patience… (Mine took 1 hour and 10 mins.
- The following GREEN circle will be displayed if the read back succeeded.
- Double check the output file has been saved successfully in ‘BackupROM’ folder.
- Now we are done creating an ROM DUMP and We now have to split the files to get the images and other files.
- We will now proceed with the MTK Droid Root and Tools to convert it on a file that the SPFT will recognize. click the root,backup,recovery tab and click the To process file ROM_ from Flash Tool.
- You need to look for the ROM_FULL that we Read Back awhile ago that has a file size of more than 2GB and click OPEN.
- And now you will see on the Status window that it has created a folder where you can find the converted files and you will also see the file that it is converting.
- at the middle of the process the CWMR will prompt you if you want to create one which is you need to choose YES so it will create the RUA1 version of the CWMR.
- Just wait for it to finish and to locate the file all you need to do is go to the MTK Droid Root and Tools folder and click the Backup folder and you will see the folder that it has created and inside that you will all the files it has converted.
- after it finish the task you will now see the FULL ROM DUMP of you smartphone that the MTK Droid Root and Tools has Converted. and you will I put an arrow on the filename of the folder to you will know where it is located.
- you will see now the task is completed and the FULL ROM DUMP is completed.
- On the MT6753 it will create a Recovery and Boot image file that is patched and CWMR version but also it creates the unmodified version now if you want to use the unmodified version you will see it is renamed as factory_NONmodified_recovery.img Now this is the stock recovery if you want to use it simple rename the current recovery.img to other name and rename the factory_NONmodified_recovery.img to recovery.img or simply click the recovery on the SPFT tool as what you see on the image and locate the factory_NONmodified_recovery.img it will just work as the same. and same process apply with the Boot.img.
For detailed explanation with screenshots, head on to How to make a ROM Backup/Dump using SP Flash Tool
- PrincePaolo Rothschild-De Vere