Rooting will void your warranty. The author will not be held liable for any damage on your unit. Don’t forget to make a backup of your files and apps to prevent data loss during rooting procedure. Follow at your own risk.
Do not update via OTA Wireless update when you are rooted,your device will be bootlooped.
UNIVERSAL METHOD [via Kingroot]
KingRoot is the easiest one click root software apk with highest root success rate. Save battery and speed up your Android device with KingRoot!
METHOD 1 [via Fastboot]
- CM Flare S4 (atleast 60% battery charge)
- USB Cable
- Windows PC/Laptop (Windows 7 32-bit preferred)
- ADB Drivers: Download
- VCOM Drivers: Download
- How to install VCOM drivers on Windows 10 32-bit/64-bit (also applicable to Windows 7, 8 and 8.1)
- Mimimal Fastboot: Download
- Flare S4 Custom Recovery (CWM): Download [rename to recovery.img]
- SuperSU.zip: Download
- Install ADB and VCOM drives while your phone is connected to your PC.
- Enable Developer Options by heading into Settings>About phone then tap Build Number 7 times. Go back then open Developer Options, enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking (Accept any prompts by choosing OK/Yes).
- Turn off your phone. Then boot to Recovery by press & holding power & volume up button at the same time, release when the Flare logo appears. No command will appear, press & hold power & volume button and release after 2 seconds, repeat until the recovery menu appears. Choose Recovery.
- Choose reboot to bootloader.
- Extract open the minimal fastboot folder and run the Run_me.bat file. Then plug in your phone to your PC.
- In the cmd console window, type this command then press enter:
fastboot oem unlock
- Wait for the process to complete. The procedure will format and perform an automatic factory reset on the device, thus deleting all of your files in the internal storage. Turn off your device after the operation completes by removing the battery.
- Turn on your device then follow the steps during the activation wizard until you are on the device homescreen.
- This procedure only unlocks the bootloader so that you can install a custom recovery that will flash the SuperSU.zip file, which will root the device. Continue steps below.
FLASHING CUSTOM RECOVERY TO ROOT FLARE S4
- Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 from the previous instructions.
- On your PC, copy the recovery.img to the minimal fastboot folder.
- In the cmd console window, type this command then press Enter:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After the flashing completes, disconnect your device then remove the battery.
- Boot your device in recovery mode by pressing power & volume up button, release after the Flare logo appears.
- Your device will now enter in CWM Recovery.
- Select Install zip from sdcard.
- Locate the SuperSU.zip file and select it. Flash SupeSU file. After flashing, reboot your device.
- There will two dialog questions, just select Yes then Yes – Fix root.
- Congratulations! Your phone is now rooted. Download Root Checker in Playstore to verify your root status.
- Denielle Cruz
- Cherry Mobile Flare S4 Plus, S4 & 4 UNITED
- Cherry Mobile Flare S4 UNITED
- XDA Forums